Sunday, December 17, 2006

Bagel Man

Earlier I had mentioned my 3D animation class. I have not posted much of my work in progress throughout the semester. Perhaps, I'll go back and post some of my more interesting stuff. But the main thing was my "final project" for the class. It's Bagel Man. He is based on silly notes I put in my daughter's lunch (when I'm packing a bagel). Here you can see him in all his 3D glory. I used Maya's tooning effects to render him as a cartoon with purple shading. His eyes come from Muppets characters like Cookie Monster (bulgy eyeballs on top of the head). And he's got arms and legs to give him full action. I used the biped skeleton built into Maya to give him life-like movements. Ray-tracing was added to give a reflection on the floor and shadows. Finally, I added music from Dave Brubeck, "Take Five", for the dancing fun.

No comments: